The Bartlesville Rotary Club Essay Contest offers high school juniors in the Bartlesville area the opportunity to win scholarships of between $250 and $1000 for outstanding examples of writing, creativity, research and knowledge of Rotary. Students eligible include those from the Bartlesville, Dewey, Copan and Caney Valley high schools as well as Wesleyan Christian School and home-schooled students. In addition to submitting an approximately 500-word essay, EIGHT finalists will be asked to present a three- to five-minute speech based on their essay at a Rotary noon meeting.
The essay topics may include:
• Influence of the 4-Way Test in the lives of those who practice this
• What does “Service above Self” look like?
• What does Rotary do for the community? the state? the world?
• Why would I want to become a Rotarian?
The format must be as follows:
• MLA Format (Times New Roman 12 pt. font, double spaced, 1 inch
• Students must use proper citations and references
The deadline for entries must be sent before June 30, 2018.